Prepare yourself for a cool summery treat! Right now, I have a freezer full of gorgeous BC cherries and these are s perfect way to highlights their amazing flavour.
The lime adds a zip to the natural sweetness. Plus, these babies have gelatin which minimizes the melty-mess and boosts the nutritional value! I think you'll love them!
2 cups sweet cherries
2 limes, zested and juiced
1 cup water
2 tbsp gelatin (I like Great Lakes Grass-fed Gelatin)
2-4 tbsp sweetner of choice. (Optional, I would choose maple syrup or raw honey).
1. Place 1/2 cup of water in a bowl and sprinkle gelatin over top and let sit for five minutes.
2. Add the other 1/2 cup of water to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer.
3. Place cherries, lime zest, lime juice, and sweetner (if using) into blender and blend in high.
4. Remove simmering water from heat, and add in water/gelatin mix. Whisk until no lumps can be seen.
5. Add water/gelatin to cherry mixture and blend.
6. Pour into Popsicle miles and freeze for 6 hours!