Aren't these babies cute? These are, by far, the most-baked thing in our house! See, I avoid quinoa (heartburn for DAAAAYS), but these puppies fuel my hubby every...single...morning. He takes two (he's going for gains) and he's full and super productive. He actually notices he feels sluggish when he has something different. Needless to say, I make a batch every week!
Now, here's the awesome part! You can tailor them to your tastes. I have a "mix ins" part where you can create the bar you will love! I keep things simple, and dairy-free, for him but make them your own! You'll love them that much more!
1/2 cup nut/seed butter (I use sunflower butter)
1/2 cup honey
2 tsp vanilla
Generous pinch of sea salt
2 cups quinoa, raw
1 cup unsweetened coconut
1/4 cup of chia seeds
1 cup of "mix ins"
Standard Hub's "Mix-in" Recipe
1 cup Enjoy Life Mini Chips
Cinnamon Raisin "Mix-in"
1 cup raisins
1 tsp cinnamon
White Chocolate Cranberry "Mix-in"
1/2 cup White Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup dried cranberries.
You get the idea. The sky is the limit! White chocolate/macadamia. Sure! Dark chocolate and dried cherries. Hells yes! You do you here folks!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the nut/seed butter and the honey.
3. Add in eggs salt, and vanilla and stir to combine.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients (don't forget those mix-ins) into the bowl and stir to incorporate.
5. Dump mixture into a parchment-lined 9x13 pan.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool before cutting!