These crispy little nuggets are a big favourite in our house. Not only are they grain-free but they are dairy- and nut-free as well. They have a bit of heat and are delicious when paired with my sriracha mayo. Let me know how you like them!
1lb wild-caught shrimp (16-20 is a good size)
1/2 cup coconut milk
pinch of salt
1/4 cup hot sauce
1.5 cups of tapioca flour
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp chili powder
oil for frying
1. Rinse and drain shrimp, set aside.
2. Whisk together eggs, coconut milk, pinch of salt, and hot sauce in a separate bowl. Set aside.
3. Combine tapioca flour, salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne together in a large ziplock bag.
4. Now that you have your three stations set up you just have to better the shrimp. Take each shrimp and dip them in this order. Tapioca, egg, tapioca. Set aside onto piece of parchment.
5. Place enough oil (I used avocado oil) in your pan to cover the bottom. Heat to a medium high.
6. Fry your shrimp until golden and cooked through (2-3 minutes per side).
7. Place on paper towels to drain and serve immediately.
1/2 cup Mayo (homemade is best)
1 tbsp ketchup
2 tbsp sriracha sauce
1. Whisk and enjoy with your shrimp!