In the effort to embrace this whole dairy-free thing, and to use up some super ripe avocados, I bring you a deliciously creamy Paleo ice cream.
I loved black forest cake as a kid and the flavours were the inspiration for this ice cream. On a side note, you can eat this before frozen and it is an amazing pudding!
3 avocados, skin removed
1/2 cup honey
1 can coconut milk
6 tablespoons cocoa
2 teaspoons vanilla
pinch of sea salt
1 cup sweet cherries, chopped
1. Place all ingredients in blender and puree until smooth.
2. Pour into a running ice cream machine and let it churn for 20 minutes, or until almost frozen.
3. Add cherries to ice cream machine while it is still running so they become evenly dispersed.
4. Stop the machine and scoop frozen treat. Garnish with more cherries.
5. Remainder can be frozen in an resealable container. Enjoy!!