I miss cheeseburgers. I always so the lettuce wrap deal but it's just not the same. So I set out if a mission to find something that reminds me of a delicious cheeseburger and OMG guys, I hit the nail right on the head. Complete with raw, organic cheddar and homemade chopped pickles, this cheeseburger pie totally filled that void! Give it a shot!
2 tbsp coconut oil
4 cups shredded potato (I used frozen)
salt and pepper to taste
1lb grass-fed ground beef
1 red pepper, diced
1/4 dill pickles, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup Paleo ketchup
1 tsp yellow mustard
1/2 cup cheddar, shredded
1. In a large skillet, melt the coconut oil and sauté potatoes until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper and place potatoes in a bowl. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
2. Once cooled, mix in the eggs and press mixture into a greased pie plate.
3. Bake at 400F for 20 minutes.
4. While crust is baking, brown ground beef in same skillet. Add onions, peppers, and garlic. Sauté till cooked through.
5. Add in ketchup, mustard, and pickles and mix thoroughly.
6. Remove crust from oven and top with meat mixture
7. Top with cheese and bake until cheese is melted.