Hot weather be damned! I'm so ready for all things Fall. Sweaters, pumpkin goodies, and deliciously hearty soups. This soup is meat-free but still fills you up! The recipe came about when my hubby asked for "plain vegetable soup". For him, this would mean canned veggie soup (gross!). This turned out so much better and he hoovered it down in minutes! It's perfect for a light supper, or would be an awesome back-to-school Thermos lunch!! Give it a try!
4 carrots, diced
3 celery stalks, diced
1/4 cup olive oil
1 onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups finely shredded cabbage
1 med-lrg sweet potato, diced small
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried rosemary
1/2 tsp black pepper
6 oz. can of tomato paste
sea salt, to taste
8 cups stock (veggie, chicken, or water)
1. In a large stock pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
2. Sauté onions and garlic over translucent.
3. Add in remaining vegetables, tomato paste, spices, and stock.
4. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 25 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and season with sea salt.