So, mayo is such a staple for us. And I'm so not prepared to serve GMO soybean oil nonsense. That being said, I recently bought Sir Kensington's mayo, which is a much better option than Hellman's. Sweet baby Jesus, I paid $8.99 for a 250ml jar of it. So not going to happen again!
Now I have another mayo on here, and I have modified it to be quicker and easier. Still no broken mayo, so we have a winner!!
2 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp Dijon mustard
Pinch of sea salt (a healthy pinch)
1 1/3 cups avocado oil
1. Start with a pint size, wide-mouth mason jar. You want a container that fits your immersion blender but it's not too big.
2. Add everything into the mason jar and place your immersion blender all the way to the bottom of the jar.
3. Turn the immersion blender on and leave it at the bottom of the jar until white mayo starts to spread. Don't move it until you get to that point. See photo!
4. Once you've hit this point, slowly start moving your immersion blender up and down to incorporate more oil. Don't do it too quickly, or your mayo will break!
5. Keep incorporating all the oil until it looks like this!
6. You're done! Make it into dips, aioli, or spread it on your favourite burger! As always, enjoy!!