There's just something about summer! It pulls me out of the kitchen and straight to the outdoor grill. We also crave lighter fare. More chicken, more fish, more seafood...and this shrimp is one of our favourites! There's some zing from the lime and red wine vinegar, and just a hint of heat. So delicious! Let me know what you think!
2lbs wild-caught shrimp (I buy 16/20)
1/4 cup fresh lime juice (~2 limes worth)
Zest of one lime
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 garlic powder
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1/4 cup oil (avocado or olive oil)
1. Whisk all ingredients, except the shrimp, together in a large bowl. Once combined, add the shrimp and marinate for 20 minutes.
2. Preheat your grill to medium high heat.
3. Using a slotted spoon, carefully scoop and drain marinated shrimp on to the grill. Try not to get a lot of marinade on the grill as it will cause flare ups.
4. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side until the shrimp are pink in colour and the interior is opaque. Don't overcook it. Nobody wants rubber bands for dinner.
5. Remove from heat and enjoy!