Hey all! I know that I mentioned my stockpile of gorgeous BC cherries. Well...those babies finally have their time to shine! Their sweet taste, combined with the cocoa, is sure to squash any chocolate craving!
So...what the heck is a clafoutis? It is a French baked custard, similar to flan. It is simple and delicious and bursting with fresh sweet cherries! You're going to love it!
2 cups sweet cherries, pitted
1 cup coconut milk (or any milk)
1/2 cup coconut oil (or butter), melted
1/2 cup or maple syrup (or honey)
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp tapioca flour
1 tbsp coconut flour
2 tbsp Enjoy Life Mini Chips
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Combine everything else, except the mini chips, in the blender and blend until smooth.
3. Butter a 1 1/2 qt baking dish or oven-safe skillet and sprinkle cherries over the pan.
4. Pour batter over cherries and place in oven.
5. Bake for 30 minutes. Should be puffed and have a firm jiggle when touched.
6. Once out of the oven, sprinkle with mini chips and let melt.
7. Let cool for 20-25 minutes and serve with whipped coconut cream and fresh cherries!