Well, first, a disclaimer! These are NOT Paleo! Some people, including my hubby, include quinoa in their diet because they tolerate it well (I am not one of those people!). These are his on-the-go breakfast bars that he can reach for instead of stopping at the dreaded drive-thru! I don't recommend using these as a regular breakfast item, but they make a "better" treat for those that live a Paleo(ish) lifestyle. Plus, these are nut, gluten, and dairy-free!
1 1/2 cups roasted pumpkin seeds
1 1/2 cups coconut
1 cup quinoa
2 tbsp hemp seeds
1/2 cup ground flax seed
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp sea salt
2-3 tbsp Enjoy Life mini chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all the dry ingredients in a food processor and process until the pumpkins seeds are crumbly and everything looks well mixed.
3. Add in coconut oil, maple syrup, and eggs. Pulse until thoroughly combined.
4. Place mixture into a parchment-lined 9x13 pan and press until even.
5. Sprinkle mini chips on top and lightly press them into the mixture.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes until set.
7. Let cool, cut, and enjoy!!