So... My hubby is a recovering junkfoodaholic. Pre-me, his food came out of bags or boxes. He has come so far!!! I'm so proud of his food choices now and he even eats Brussels sprouts(when I cook them with bacon lol).
His one downfall is the chewy, tangy, sour fruit candy/snack. This recipe has just broke him of that! I actually caught him trying to stuff three of the rolls into his pocket for a work snack. They are THAT good!!
2 1/2 cups fruit (your choice! Our faves include a blueberry-cherry and strawberry-mango)
2 tbsp sweetner (I used coconut sugar**. I would omit/lessen this for in season fruit)
1 lemon, juice only
1. Add everything into a blender and blend until super smooth!!
2. Pour into parchment lined sheet (if using oven) or directly into a lightly oiled fruit leather dehydrator tray mat.
3. For oven, bake at 170 degrees for 4 hours. For dehydrator, 135 degrees for 6 hours. They are done when they are no longer wet/tacky on top!
4. Cut using a pizza cutter and roll up in parchment (a la fruit by the foot!!)
5. Try not to eat all in one day! Enjoy!