There's just something about a good roast chicken recipe. And this one, my friends, is right up there! The chicken is juicy and tender, the skin is crispy and it has an overall zip from the lemon juice/zest! It's just so good!
4 chicken quarters
1 tbsp ghee (or favourite Paleo fat)
1/2 cup coconut milk (canned)
Zest of two lemons
Juice of two lemons
1 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 clove of garlic, minced
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. In a cast iron skillet, heat fat until hot over medium-high heat.
3. Season both sides of the quarters with sea salt and place skin side down into hot pan. Once golden brown, flip to the other side.
4. While chicken is browning, whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour 1/4 of the mixture over each chicken quarter.
5. Transfer chicken to oven and bake for ~30 minutes. Test with a meat thermometer just to be sure!
6. Garnish with lemon slices and fresh thyme and enjoy!