The lack of nightshades in my life was not going to stop us from having chicken wings!! No. Damn. Way.
Hubs and I love us some chicken wings, so finding a tasty alternative to our much loved hot wings was key! These aren't "hot" hot but are "zippy" from the black pepper, garlic, and citrus!
You'll notice that I call for cooked chicken wings in this recipe. The flavour works well with both fried or roasted wings!
20-25 chicken wings, cooked (Roast at 400F until cooked through, then broil until skin is super crispy!!)
2 large limes (or lemons!) (3-4 if small)
1 clove of fresh garlic, grated finely
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground is best
Sea salt, to taste
1. Zest both limes into a large bowl.
2. Juice both limes into the same bowl.
3. Add in fresh garlic, garlic powder, and pepper.
4. Whisk together to combine.
5. Add in hot chicken wings and toss to coat.
6. Sprinkle liberally with sea salt and serve!!