Spring weather continues!!! Hence, the summery flavours coming out of my kitchen. Tonight I wanted something light and tasty and figured fish was a good place to start. An even better place to start....FISH TACOS!!
P.S. Isn't that the cutest chalkboard??? Found it at Michael's and is now our message board in the kitchen! Loving it! Anywho, back to the fish tacos. I used my homemade taco seasoning for this, as well as the plantain tortilla recipe (found here).
4 Mahi Mahi fillets
2 tablespoons taco seasoning
2 tablespoons coconut flour
Paleo fat of choice, for frying
1 cup shredded cabbage
1/2 avocado, diced
1 small tomato, diced
1/4 small red onion, diced
Salsa, homemade is best
1. Mix taco seasoning and coconut flour together in a shallow dish.
2. Coat each fillet in the seasoning.
3. Melt coconut oil, over medium heat, and place fillets in pan (cast iron is best).
4. Cook fillets over medium-low heat until the flesh flakes easily.
5. Remove fillets from pan and allow to cool slightly.
6. Break fillets in chunks and place in plantain tortilla.
7. Top with shredded cabbage, avocado, red onion, tomatoes, and salsa.
8. Squeeze fresh lime juice on and ENJOY!!