I've been on a warm spices kick lately. Today, we are taking a Paleo culinary trip to Morocco. The cauliflower acts as our rice alternative and the subtle sweetness from the mango and raisins compliment the spices beautifully. So yummy!
1 lb ground pork
1/2 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 head of cauliflower, grated or chopped finely (rice texture)
1 mango, diced (If apricots are in season, they would make a great substitute!)
1/3 cup raisins
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon coriander
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 cup bone broth
1/3 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
1/3 cashews, chopped (I didn't add these in mine because of my nut allergy but after talking with my mom, she recommended cashews for the Moroccan-style!)
1. On medium heat, crumble ground pork and cook until no longer pink.
2. Add in onions and garlic, and saute until the onions are translucent.
3. Add in all dried spices and warm through to release their oils.
4. Stir in cauliflower and raisins and mix thoroughly.
5. Add in bone broth and cook over medium until liquid is dissolved and cauliflower is cooked through.
6. When all the liquid is evaporated, season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Remove from heat and stir in cashews, mangoes, and fresh parsley.