Hey all! As previously stated, I'm ignoring the grossly warm weather and steamrolling my fam jam's food menu right into Fall. I mean....it's September...Mother Nature has no GD business making it 34 degrees out. So yah...Fall menu.
I like to think I'm a pretty good matchmaker. Even though I've never set anyone up. Or even tried to. But yah, if I wanted to, I would totally rock it. Millionaire Matchmaker better watch her back...I'll take over her show.
Speaking of matchmaking, pumpkin pie please meet streusel muffin. I mean, you've both been dear friends, you're both just the sweetest, and everyone loves you. You'd be perfect together! *Turns on the Barry White, shuts the door, and waits nine months*
Boom! These muffins are born. They are moist and reminiscent of pumpkin pie, with a crunchy streusel topping that is to die for.
Being a nut-free Paleo peep, I thought my streusel days were over. I mean, I could do an almond flour one...but it would only be the one time. And Epi-pens hurt like a mother. And we live far from most hospitals. So....this nut-free Godsend, that I'm dumping into your interweb space, is a phenomenal option.
2/3 cup pumpkin purée (not pie filling)
1 cup nut butter (or in my case Sunflower butter!)
1/2 cup honey
1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1/4 cup coconut sugar
2 tbsp grass-fed butter (or coconut oil)
1 tsp cinnamon
1. For the streusel, combine the coconut flakes and coconut sugar in a food processor (or blender) and pulse until mixture resembles small oats. Add in butter and pulse until combined. Scrape into a small bowl and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. In the same food processor bowl, combine all of the muffin ingredients and buzz on high until thoroughly mixed.
4. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the muffin batter into a muffin cup-lined muffin pan! (That was a mouthful!)
5. Sprinkle the streusel topping onto each muffin and pop in the oven!
6. Bake for 20 minutes and let cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from the pan.