Yes, I know I have been MIA. If you follow my IG account you know that my absence was based on our life blowing up. We spent most of November renovating our home (our built-in how-to will be up on the home side of this page briefly!). December we were devastated by the loss of our female Newfoundland. She was my baby girl and sort of shut down for a bit....to the point my husband was worried about me. Things are getting better each day but I still can't talk (or think) about her without crying. Annnd.... well lately we have been up to our eyeballs with our newest addition. We now have a new Newfoundland pup. She's a wonderful and exhausting addition! Well that's enough of the updates, we need to talk about these delicious little morsels.
These little kisses can be two things. If you take them out at 90 minutes, they are crisp on the outside with mashmalllow-y inside. If you leave them in for 120 minutes they become like sponge toffee...crisp and melt in your mouth!
I love to serve the softer version with fresh berries and a dollop of fresh cream. The crunchy version is delightful when the bottoms are dipped in dark (or bittersweet) chocolate. To be honest, my husband just pops them in his mouth like candies, so you don't have to get all fancy with them!
Well, let's get these started!!
3 egg whites
3/4 cup coconut sugar (I recommend running this through a food processor. The smaller granules will incorporate easier into your egg whites.)
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/3 tsp white vinegar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 200F
2. Whip egg whites until soft peaks form.
3. While beater is running slowly incorporate the sugar. Add 1 tbsp at a time and beat well after each addition!
4. Once you've achieved stiff peaks, add in vanilla, salt, and vinegar. Continue beating until sugar granules are dissolved and egg whites appear glossy.
5. Place egg white mixture into a piping bag with tip of choice (or just cut the corner if you're not too concerned with "perfection").
6. Pipe kisses out on to a parchment-lined baking sheet and place in oven for 90-120 minutes.
7. Once done, store in an airtight container in the fridge! Enjoy!