First of all, these are A-MA-ZING! Since I did the previous pork & apple breakfast sausage recipe, I've been on a fruit/meat combination kick that is consuming my breakfast life. The first recipe I did was great but I wanted something that was a bit more portable and less "sausagey". I wanted something that would immediately scream "BREAKFAST" to people. What does that more than a muffin?? These are tender, sweet, savory, and everything I wanted out of this recipe! This recipe makes 10 muffins, and they freeze beautifully!
Breakfast Sausage Muffins
1 lb ground pork
3 tablespoons of coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon dried sage
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, chopped fine
1/4 teaspoon fennel seed, chopped fine
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients, except blueberries, in a mixer and mix thoroughly. Actually I put mine in my Kitchen Aid and walked away for a couple minutes. I wanted the meat to be broken down a bit more so it would have a softer texture.
3. Remove from mixture and gently fold in blueberries.
4. Scoop equal amounts (approximately 1/4-1/3 cup) into a lined muffin tin (I recommend silicone ones!). I used my ice cream scoop and it was perfect!!
5. Pop these babies in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. The internal temperature should hit 160 degrees F for ground pork.
6. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes (those little blueberries are molten right now.. do not want blueberry burns!!!). Enjoy!