Who doesn't love Reese Peanut Butter Cups? Well, me (because I'm allergic to peanuts/tree nuts!) but my husband would have sold his soul for a peanut butter cup! So these can be totally nut free but you can also substitute almonds in for the sunflower butter!
Aside from my obvious allergy, we removed peanut butter from our house because legumes have a tendency to be rough on the ol' guy lining! Trying to avoid leaky gut in this family! Also, in the attempt to stay our healthiest, we have added Shakeology into our daily regime! FULL of superfoods and has done wonders to help heal our tummies!
You're going to love these!!
1.25 cup sunflower seeds
0.5 cup organic shredded coconut (unsweetened)
2 tbsp organic coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp sweetener (I used honey, but you could sub in maple syrup or palm sugar)
Pinch of sea salt
3 tbsp Chocolate Shakeology
0.5 cup of water
1. Combine sunflower seeds, coconut, honey, vanilla, and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Process for 5(ish) minutes. You may need to scrape down the side periodically to make sure it's mixed. It should resemble cookie dough when it's done!
2. While the food processor is doing it's thing, line 8 muffin tins with silicone liners. This isn't a necessary step but it makes your life SO much easier!
3. In a small bowl, mix Shakeology and water together until it has the consistency of chocolate pudding.
4. When the base mixture is done, drop two level tablespoons of mix into each silicone muffin liners. Level mixture with the back of a spoon (or your fingers...I won't judge!).
5. Top each cup with 1 tablespoon of the chocolate Shakeology mixture. Level with a spoon.
6. Pop into the freezer and freeze for approximately an hour!
Note: You can substitute 1 cup of almond or sunflower butter for the sunflower seeds/almonds, coconut, and 1 tbsp of the coconut oil!