*Clutches fist to chest and belts out Bryan Adam lyrics*. That's how good this cake is!
Well, I've been out of the blogisphere for about a month and a lot has changed in that time. I completed a Whole30 (which was amazing), quit my day job (hallelujah), and moved 24 hours away (Thank you, Royal Canadian Air Force!). I'm not going to lie, I knew I needed to bring it when I made my way back to blogging. This cake does just that. It's moist and spongy and amazing. It's also filled with strawberry coconut whipped cream and topped with a chocolate ganache icing. OMG! Ok can't wait any longer!!
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1/2 cup palm sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder (don't start! I make my own with a 2:1 ratio of cream of tartar:baking soda)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup espresso or strong coffee
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sift all dry ingredients into a large bowl.
3. Whisk together all wet ingredients in a separate bowl and then combine with dry ingredients.
4. Pour batter into greased and parchment-line 8" round cake pans.
5. Bake for 30 minutes.
6. Allow to cool completely before filling/icing.
2 cups Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
1 cup coconut cream
1. Combine both in a microwave safe glass bowl.
2. In 30 second intervals, slowly heat the coconut cream and chocolate chips together until completely melted.
3. Place in fridge until completely cooled. It will be quite solid!
4. Remove from fridge and beat with hand mixer/stand mixer until fluffy and soft. You may need to add a tablespoon or two or coconut milk.
5. Frost away!
Strawberry Whipped Cream Ingredients:
1 can coconut milk (full fat)
6 strawberries, chopped
Honey, to taste
1. Place can of coconut milk upside down in refrigerator over night.
2. Turn right side up and open can. Drain off coconut water and scoop remaining coconut cream into bowl.
3. Whipped coconut cream until light and fluffy.
4. Sweeten with honey and beat in strawberries to combine. Use as a filling or topping.